In the days after the presidential election, Mayor Kenney called on Philadelphians “to channel your feelings into productive actions that help build bridges and strengthen our communities.” To help Philadelphians find these opportunities for action, the Office of Civic Engagement and Volunteer Service has created a list of volunteer opportunities. Click on the links below to see more information and apply to the opportunity.
If other organizations or city agencies are interested in adding volunteer opportunities to the list, they can contact Christopher.Luebbe@phila.gov.
- Serve at an emergency meal site
- Volunteer with childhood literacy campaign, Read by 4th
- Use your tech skills to bridge the digital divide as a Gadget Guru with the Free Library
- Aid the Free Library Program's Sunday Literacy Teacher
- Work with English Language Learners (no foreign language skills required)
- Tutor Adult Learners through the Office of Adult Education